- Upcoming meeting in MTEK re additional funding to Local Authorities for ‘public area enhancement’
- County Council environment/tidy areas funding application which closes on 31st March 2014.
- Tidy towns entry form and changes brought in this year.
- Acquiring new Fás/Tús workers
- Repairs to be notified to County Council e.g. damaged bollard at Kerry Lee, signage, Lemaculla wall, blocked drains in village etc
- Upcoming Spring Clean on Saturday 5th April
- Preparations for annual table quiz on Friday 25th April 2014.
- Master Composter training in Carrickmacross in April. (Wednesdays 2nd, 9th, 16th , 23rd, 30th, Sat 12th and 26th)
- Request for removal of metal "unit" at Ballinode Hall.
- Update the 3 year plan
- Upcoming projects for the year.
- Ballinode Tidy Towns group extends sympathy to the Boylan family on the recent passing of Noel McKenna, RIP. and to Karl Monahan on the recent passing of his dear Father, Charlie Monahan, Stillorgan, Dublin.
We thank everyone in the community who helped us in any way over the year, and we welcome volunteers to advise and assist with all projects. Contact Verona, please.
The March meeting of Ballinode Tidy Towns group was held on Wednesday 26th March 2014. Among the items up for discussion were: